In addition to our old time classical favourites: of Expedia, TripAdvisor or Priceline. The Toronto Star brings us a few extra websites that offer the same services with even better deals according to niche markets.
1) Fly From Canada: Designed by Canadians for Canadians, this page supplies helpful tips varying from traveler’s vaccinations and visas, to travel reviews and deals. Worth a look, Eh?
2) Canadian Affair: This Company has ads in the travel section of The Toronto Star every Saturday and Sunday, with targeting lines such as: “UK for $99”. This UK generated website promises to offer the lowest air fares from Canada to any destination in the UK available. (A few months ago I found a roundtrip for under $300- taxes included)
3) Cheapo Stay: Besides its catchy name, the website is super too easy to manoeuvre. You just type in the city you are visiting and then pops up a list of the best hotel deals in and around the city.
4) Hotwire: Possibly the best feature for travellers who are just antsy staying at home for too long and need to get the *F* out. Hotwire offers the “Today’s Top Deal” feature where you could find yourself sipping margaritas in the Caribbean or hiking the Rockies in British Columbia.
5) Where’s Cool?: My favourite website hands down. You find yourself in a city with no guide book and you’re not sure what there’s to do? This site is a budget oriented network that connects you to the most surprising spots in any city, guaranteed cool times :)
Now all you need to do is pack your bags, grab your map and click submit on your next travel search!